A region of beauty, flourishing nature and everything wonderful, North East India is a different world altogether. With limitless boundaries, breathtaking landscapes and varied cultures, The Land of Seven Sisters holds something special to experience. We bring you a bucket list of things worth doing and places worth visiting in North East India.
- Watching rhinos at Kaziranga National Park: Go on a safari at this UNESCO Heritage Site to watch rhinos (endangered species) roaming in the illustrious national park. This is surely going to be a sight to behold and you are going to have an amazing time during the safari.
- Trekking to Gori Chen Peak: Considered as the highest peak in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, Gori Chen is a popular trekking route among hikers and climbers. This peak is located at 6500 meters above sea level and its view from Bomdila is simply mesmerizing.
- Yak rides in Gangtok: Yak ride is another exciting experience in the North East. If you are staying at one of the hotels in Gangtok and are looking for something interesting to do, you can consider a yak ride. Yak ride is available at Tsomgo Lake i.e. 35 kilometers from Gangtok and is definitely worth an experience.
- Shopping at MG Road in Gangtok: This is another popular place to be in Gangtok. From restaurants to malls and local stores, the street has everything to lure the shopaholics and foodies. Also, since this is the centre of the city, there are many good hotels at MG road in Gangtok where you can make yourself comfortable and roam the city freely.
- River rafting in Siang: Those of you who are looking for some thrilling white water rafting, can head to Siang river. You can also try angling and kayaking here. So get ready to make your vacations adventurous and a lot more fun.
- Drive through Sela Pass: This is the gateway to Arunachal Pradesh and is a stunning place to visit for all the nature lovers. Most of the time, the mountains and Sela Lake remains covered with snow thus presenting a stunning landscape in front og you.
- Crusie on the Brahmaputra: Brahmaputra is the soul of the North East India and passes through some really beautiful parts of Assam. And if you are planning to visit this region of India, you must try river crusie, for it is an experience you will cherish for a lifetime.